Monday, April 5, 2010

More Cherry Blossoms

The cherry blossom season in Japan is short and sweet - very sweet. When I drive to work I pass, who knows how many, trees and right now, they're in full bloom. It's absolutely gorgeous. Yesterday, when taking photos at a shrine on the way home from work, I met some of my elementary school students. They said English words like banana and coconut and I made absurd conversation. "Coconut oishii desu ne!" Coconut is delicious isn't it? haha. I doubt they understood half of my pathetic jabbering. It's nice to try to talk to Japanese people that don't speak very much English. It's incredible to see how much you can communicate with the few words that you have in common. I talked to one of their day care teachers there at the shrine for a while and I think the result of our conversation was that her father goes to my adult conversation class for teachers. Tokushima is a small world. Naruto is just a city.













Here's the link to my Flickr account where these photos are hosted: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7215769@N05/

2 comments:

  1. Wooooo, those turned out really nice!! you should post more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooaahh, those are seriously bomb-tastic! I'm especially glad you were able to capture a shot of a bibbed lion.

    ReplyDelete